Union Oil Company Design Fellowship Professor
in the Department of Engineering at Harvey Mudd College
Ph.D. from the Department of Chemical Engineering at the Massachusetts Institute
of Technology and B.S. in Chemical Engineering from the
University of Utah.
My CV is available in pdf and html.
My Google Scholar Page;
About my name
At Harvey Mudd
Olin, CalPoly Pomona, Caltech, and MIT courses are listed here.
For students: How to Request a Letter of Recommendation
I have consulted for a wide variety of companies and organizations in the following areas:
- Development and Automation of Experiments and Experimental Equipment
- LabVIEW Development
- Modeling and Design for Radiant Heat Transfer
- Analysis and Design of Experiments
- Single and Multiphase Fluid Flow
Further details are available here. Contact me if you have a potential
While not directly sponsored research or course development, I’ve done a number of special
projects in connection with curriculum development, consulting, research, or for my own enjoyment
- Custom PC boards for high power and model rocketry
- Launch controllers and stands for high power and model rocketry
- Video production (scripting, filming, scoring, editing, and post-production)
- Audio production and podcasting (songwriting and composing, recording, editing, and post-production)
- Digital audio algorithms, coding, and processing
- Development of digital filters for CSound
My research interests include active learning as applied to engineering, inertial measurement and Kalman filtering,
vibrational system ID, the physics of rocket flight, MEMS and other sensors, data acquisition and error analysis,
adaptive-optics, heterogeneous reactions, aerosols, containerless processing of materials,
non-contact temperature measurement, computer-controlled experimental design, radiative scattering,
absorption and emission from metallic and non-metallic aerosols, tribocharging and charge stability on heated aerosols,
supercooling of metals and ceramics, process-sensors, and feedback-control.
Full publication list.